The year is slowly but surely drawing to a close, and for the first time in a long while I am feeling much better in myself. I’ve come into December feeling happy, healthy and ready to tackle my huge, long list of things that I always want to do before the year is out, so looking back over November and what brought my joy feels like good practice for the rest of the year before 2018 rolls around, and I hope you’ve all been able to do the same this month too.
1. Cosy Nights
As the nights get colder and darker there is nothing nicer than having some cosy lighting to make it all feel nicer. I want to bundle myself up like a little harvest mouse when the evenings roll around, so I am definitely trying to embrace hygge this year, and these little twig lights which Mum has in the hallway definitely help with that!
2. Feeling Better
November for me has been a real turning point in terms of health and happiness. I feel like I am finally starting to feel more like myself again and am looking forwards to the future and achieving my goals, so I was able to head into December with a lot of positivity behind me.
3. Winter in the Lake District
It’s always pretty here, but even on those cold, dreary days the Lakes manage to put a smile on my face.
4. Quiet Moments
A bit of warm sun feels rare during the colder parts of the year, especially with how chilly it’s bee so when the sun was beaming into my room one morning, creating lovely lines across my ammonite canvas, I had to get a photo and enjoy the moment.
5. November Skies
I couldn’t end this post without a sunset photo now could I?
A Few Other Things I’ve Been Loving:
- MONSTA X – The Code. You may have noticed I’ve been mentioning this group more and more often recently, and it’s because they are my current favourite thing, and me being me, I want to share it with you all! I have had MONSTA X’s new album on repeat for the last month or so, and their comeback was well timed I think, and even better since they also got their first win with Dramarama shortly afterwards! Favourite tracks are definitely X, Tropical Night, From Zero and Now Or Never, so I highly recommend the album if you’re into K-Pop.
- Blue Planet II. This series really has blown me away, and I can’t sing its praises enough. I adored the first series, of course, but the issues highlighted in this one were very well timed, I think. My favourite episode was definitely the Green Seas one and if you, like me, adore the natural world and nature documentaries in general, then this series really is one you must see, especially given our current global climate and the future of our oceans.
- TAEMIN’s MV for MOVE. Technically this came out in October, but I was a little late to watching it. This might be my favourite music video of the year (after Dramarama) but it is so good! If you are into choreography, then this might of interest to you, but I love the concept and the cinematography in it, and seeing TAEMIN coming out with new stuff has been great as he’s one of my favourites.
- The A Word. I adore this series. It makes me laugh and cry each week and if you haven’t been watching this, then I highly recommend you checking it out, and soon! It tackles family life, autism, the struggles we all go through with relationships, health, families and more and it’s such a heart-warming and well crafted series. It’s also set in the beautiful Lake District (my home) so the scenery is also stunning!
As always let me know what made you smile through November and if you have any recommendations for me, let me know!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have had a good start to the week.