Before I start this post, a huge thank you to the lovely Jasmine from Thoughts From Jasmine who has tagged me for a second time with the Liebster Awards! Of course I can’t say no to a good tag post, and make sure to head over to Jasmine’s blog to see her original post here, and check out her blog too, as Jasmine is one of my favourites and always posts interesting, fun and thought-provoking posts, as well as being generally lovely and supportive too.
As always there are some rules for these awards and they are as follows:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the eleven questions your nominator asked in their post.
3. Nominate eleven other bloggers of your choice.
4. Come up with your own eleven questions for your nominees.
5. Let your nominees know that they’ve been chosen!
6. Link back to the person of which nominated you.
11 Facts About Myself
- I love visiting museums and could easily plan my ideal day out around visiting museums, be they about art, natural history or something obscure – you can never go wrong with a good museum visit! One day I would love to visit the Smithsonian as it looks amazing. One of my favourites in the past few years was the miniature display on at the Oldway Museum down in Devon, which is in the mini collage above (all of the vintage books!)
- I can quote most if not all of Aliens off by heart.
- The first concert I ever went to was Green Day back at the MK Bowl with one of my closests friends, and it was one of the best nights of my life. It was so much fun, and I still have the lanyard I bought from one of the stalls all these years later.
- When I’m feeling really stressed out/suffering with a panic attack/anxiety I love to do guided meditations. I usually use Youtube for these as there are hundreds on there, all for free, that vary in length but this is one of my favourites as I love the symbolism and visualisation the narrator uses and it works every time.
- I love making jewellery, though I haven’t done it for a good while now, but one of my favourites was the little woodland brooch in the mini collage above. I got those little pewter charms from a tiny little craft shop back in Milton Keynes for about 25p each – bargain!
- I used to have a The Cure band t-shirt when I was a teenager and I would wear it so much that it ended up having little holes all around the hem of the shirt, but it was just such a cool t-shirt, and I loved it.
- I love the little facts you get on the undersides of the caps on the Snapple bottles – and I’m so glad that Tesco sells them now as for the longest time I wanted to try one but couldn’t find them anywhere! One of my favourite is in the little collage above.
- I LOVE white chocolate covered pretzels – they’re so good.
- My favourite thing about summer is the long, sultry evenings – they’re perfect for walks and visiting the beach at low tide when it’s nice and hot. St Bees at sunset features in the header image for this post in honour of that.
- My favourite Studio Ghibli character has to be No Face. I love the character design, the odd yet sweet friendship he creates with Chihiro and his funny little mannerisms, and I attempted to draw him in the mini collage above!
- I would love to go to Universal Studios around Halloween and try out the Halloween Horror Nights mazes they have there, they look like the best fun come Halloween. My favourite maze they’ve ever done has to be the Aliens vs. Predator one, but I also loved the one they for Krampus too.
Questions from Jasmine
1. When did you start your blog?
I started The Happy Larkspur this January after using Blogger for a good long while, as I wanted a fresh start and had heard good things about WordPress. Therefore this blog is still just a baby, but I’m having a lot of fun with it so far!
2. Favourite Disney Character (Pixar included)?
Ooh, this is such a hard question, because there are so many characters I love and adore, so I’m going to pick one from Disney and one from Pixar because I can’t choose! I think my favourite Disney character will always be Ariel because she was my first ever Disney Princess and the first ever heroine from a Disney film that I watched. Because of that Ariel has a special place in my heart, and I love her adventurous nature – especially in the animated series that I used to watch obsessively when I was younger! A close second would have to be Mulan though, she’s badass.
My favourite Pixar character has to be WALL.E he’s just so adorable, kind-hearted and sweet and I adored the film when it first came out. I also love how hard-working and optimistic he was even though he was so lonely for so long. He’s a cute little robot, and the whole theme of that film was just perfect and approached so well. I’d have to give a special shout out to Art from Monsters University too – he’s too cool and I loved his character design.
3. What song can you not get out of your head?
At the moment it’s I Do What I Like by The Corrs. It reminds me of the summertime so much and I love the lyrics! If you haven’t listened to it yet and you like upbeat, pop music it’s well worth a listen. The other ones rattling around my head at the moment though are Tumblr Girls by G-Eazy (laidback/trap style chilled out beats), Don’t Rain On Me by joji (just super chilled beats) and Less Than by Nine Inch Nails (so good!).
4. Do you prefer reading blogs or watching Youtube videos?
Ooh so tough, as I do both on a fairly regular basis! Basically when I’m on Youtube I bounce between music, gameplay, vlogs and then back to DIY’s – lots of origami usually. I also watch a lot of what other fellow bloggers who have channels put up too, as well as origami tutorials, general crafts and DIYS, journalling vlogs/walkthroughs and gameplay walkthroughs too. A recent one I really enjoyed was Markiplier’s SOMA walkthrough, a really good, interesting game with a fair few jumpscares and creepy elements in there as well. I love games but I’m not very good at them so I like to watch other people play them instead and I can just lose myself in the storylines.
It’s hard for me to choose, so I will go with both as I also like to put vlogs on in the background while I read blogs and reply to comments, and one of my favourite things to watch on Youtube at the moment has become things like room tours, bookshelf tours, what’s in my bag tags, what I got for my birthday etc. I just find them really relaxing for some reason and I love some of the ASMR videos too. This one remains my favourite to this day, it’s great if you need some comfort and to just chill out – I love to listen to this before bed.
5. Favourite TV Series at the moment?
Ever since Doctor Who ended (wahhh!) it has to be Poldark – this series has been so good and I have been glued to it every week! So much has happened so quickly and each time the credits roll up I always groan because I can’t wait for the next episode. The other one I can’t wait for is Stranger Things Season 2 and of course Game of Thrones.
6. Do you prefer beach holidays or ski holidays?
I’ve never been skiing so I will have to go with a beach holiday! I love swimming and exploring sandy beaches, so I’m fairly at home by the coast, but I’d love to go and visit somewhere nice and chilly around Christmas, like Lapland or Iceland, perhaps not for skiing, but more for exploring! Having said that I bet I’d enjoy skiing, though I can see myself falling over a great deal.
7. What was the last country you visited?
I’ve only been out of the country a few times and the last would have been Fuerteventura I believe for a holiday back when I was very young. Hot and volcanic! Clearly I need to up my travelling credentials, so that has to be a goal for the next couple of years. Top of my list at the moment is Kyoto, Japan – would love to go there someday.
8. Favourite Ice Lolly flavour?
It will always be orange for me. One of my earliest memories is eating orange ice lollies while watching Trials of Life at my Nan’s on the summer holidays.
9. Favourite thing about blogging?
The creativity it inspires! Blogging has encourage me to try out lots of new things, like making a yarn octopus doll in the mini collage above, via a Youtube tutorial, which I never would have tried had it not been for reading about other similar crafts on here. It pushes me to challenge myself to new things and try out something different too, and of course, the kind comments are always so heartening.
10. Would you rather relive your worst memory or forget your best memory?
Ooh this is a tough one. I don’t like the idea of having to forget any of my memories, even the bad ones as I feel they always have something to teach me and while some are painful I don’t want to forget a thing I’ve been through, so I would rather relive my worst memory so I could keep the best moments so I can have that nostalgia rush at a later point. One of my best memories has to be riding the ferris wheel at my first and third year Summer Ball(s) with my uni friends.
11. Favourite movie at the moment?
Funnily enough at the moment I keep re-watching The DUFF. The book has been on my list for a while but I watched the film before it and fell in love with it. I just love the storyline, it makes me laugh and cry at the same time and I always squeal with happiness at the ending.
My 11 Questions
- What was your first ever concert and do you have any mementos from it?
- What was the last photo you took?
- Favourite go-to film when you’re feeling down and need cheering up?
- If you could talk to any fictional character, who would it be and why?
- Would you rather be invisible or be able to fly?
- What is your favourite thing to do on holiday?
- If you could suddenly switch careers, what would you like to do?
- Which Hogwarts House do you think you truly belong to?
- Do you prefer early starts or late nights?
- If you could spend a whole week in a different era, which one would you visit?
- Favourite drink on a hot, summer’s day?
Bloggers I’m Tagging:
(I’m going to attempt to tag bloggers I haven’t tagged before, and as always, there’s no obligation to do this, I just like to share out the blogging love, and if I haven’t tagged you and you want to answer any of any questions and take on the award yourself, feel free to do so!)
A big thank you to Jasmine, apologies for this post being so wordy and thank you as always for reading! If you want to answer any of the 11 questions I posed on your blog and carry the award forward, please feel free to do so, as I love seeing other people’s answers to these kinds of things.
Hope you’re all well and have a great start to the week!