I am officially 27!
I love birthdays. Not just in the sense that it’s a day you can indulge yourself a little bit and have fun, but in the sense that it’s a new beginning. With each birthday comes a renewed sense of self for me, a little like how I feel around New Year, and I always relish the chance to make each year better than the last. For those of you who know me in real life or who have chatted with me recently, you’ll know that this year has been a little fraught. So I am more determined than ever to make my 27th year a good, happy, productive, fun and healthy year.
With that in mind I wanted to share with you 27 of my favourite photos in a very special post to mark my 27th year. I usually post on a Friday as opposed to a Thursday, but I wanted to put this one up early to commemorate the day. I also want to do this because at the moment I’m feeling very reflective and grateful. While my life isnt exactly where I would want it to be at the moment, there is still a lot in my life which is very good, and I always want to share the things that I love, in a way to say thank you to everyone and everything and I like doing that here on my blog. I feel it’s important now more than ever to share the good and the joyful, and to be thankful for them, and I hope this post makes some of you smile too.
(This will be fairly word and photo heavy so I apologise in advance! Also, the photos in my header are bonus favourites of mine, because on a birthday related post you should always share lots of photos!)
- Summer’s spent spotting butterflies among the flowers.
- Warm sunsets that frame the trees of early Winter beautifully.
- Fresh, giant sunflowers that seem to bring the sunshine inside with each of their lovely petals.
- Crystal quartz dyed in bright colours that catch the light beautifully come a sunny day.
- The little things that catch my eye when I’m out and about and help to put a smile on my face like this wooden boat sculpture at Maryport.
- Watching foals frolicking in the fields near my Nana’s house down in Watford.
- A hot Summer’s day spent in the garden, shaded by the lilac tree.
- A gift from a friend which is so thoughtful and well picked that brings me joy for years to come.
- Having been able to study on a campus which had such beautiful surroundings and which I still dream of today.
- Being invited on fun and friendly days out with my nearest and dearest, like the day spent at Woburn Safari Park where the black and white ruffed lemurs looked stunning.
- A warm Summer’s day at Bath City Farm with one of my closest friends where the tiniest, friendliest baby goats came to say hello.
- Fieldwork for a work placement which meant I could greet the day outside and spot interesting sculptures like this by the Peace Pagoda in Milton Keynes.
- The sound of rain on my umbrella which my Nan gave me and the scent of petrichor in the air as it falls – one of my favourite smells.
- Seeing wildlife and nature in the heart of a built-up area. I found this pretty passionfruit flower along my old street back when I lived in Milton Keynes.
- Spending an afternoon or two by the mountains of the Lake District – cue a happy Tasha.
- A good book. Even better if there’s a map of the world which features in the opening pages!
- Watching the moon jellyfish float on by at Bristol Aquarium.
- The beautiful glass pane windows of a tiny church my good friend and I found while on an afternoon Autumn’s stroll around the villages surrounding our university campus.
- Pretty Bristol Harbour and the cries of seagulls wheeling overhead.
- A compass and a few maps. Adventure is ahead.
- Being able to study on a course which allowed me go on field trips where I could see such amazing sights as the beautiful Cheddar Gorge on a sunny day and call it studying.
- Sharing many cuddles with some of the sweetest little animals I’ve been able to live with. This was Smudge, my adorable guinea-pig back in 2013.
- Evenings spent by the seaside. I feel so luck to finally live just a short drive from the coast.
- Watching the deer at the beautiful Richmond Park.
- A colourful painting from my Uncle which I have had for many a year and the dancing dappled sunlight on a late Spring day.
- Friendly neighbourhood ponies who greet you on an afternoon walk through the countryside.
- Nature, in all it’s glory.
And of course to all of my friends and family and all of you who leave such kind and supportive comments here, thank you. Here’s hoping my 27th year is filled with just as many happy moments as the ones in my photos above.
Have a wonderful day!