As always there are rules for these things, so here they are below!
Rule 1: Put the award logo/image on your blog.
Rule 2: List the rules.
Rule 3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Rule 4: Mention the creator, Okoto Enigma, of the award and provide a link as well.
Rule 5: Tell your readers three things about yourself.
Rule 6: You have to nominate 10 to 20 people
Rule 7: Notify them.
Rule 8: Ask your nominee any five questions of your choice with one weird or funny question.
Rule 9: Add a link to your best post.
Rule 10: Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
3 Things About Myself:
1. The earliest memory of music I have is Tasmin Archer’s Sleeping Satellite and it remains one of my favourite songs to this day! It’s such a pretty song and I love the music video too.
2. One of my favourite things to do when I’m stressed out is to make mood boards or collages around a theme or colour and then either glue them all together to mount on boards to be hung, or just blue tack things straight onto my wall. My current wall is a real mish-mash of things so I need to redo my current one, but eventually I’d like to use some of my own photos on a canvas and hang it somewhere.
3. I got to hold a peregrine falcon when I was about 14 while visiting a farm where they also had some birds of prey there as part of their educational work to help raise their conservation status, and encourage others to support their work, and this bird was beautiful, and posed perfectly for the camera. I still have the original polaroid below.
Haha, my expression was me trying to hold in my joy at handling one of these birds!
(I usually pick people I think would enjoy it/have fun with it but not pressure and feel free to answer my questions and write a reply yourselves too!)
My 5 Questions:
1. What historical figure would you most like to sit down and have a conversation with?
2. If you could plan your dream day out what would you do and where would you go?
3. If you were asked to re-name any animal on the planet what would it be and what would you call them?
4. What’s your favourite thing to do when you’re stressed out and need a break?
5. Would you rather explore the ocean or space?
My Best Post:
I’m not too sure about best but this has to be my favourite so far this year. My lovely friend’s wedding back in the spring was the highlight of the year so far for me and there are some pretty, sparkly photos over there too.
You can read it via the link above.
Questions From Mandy:
1. What is your favorite breakfast (food + drink)?
My favourite would have to be either French toast, something sweet like a breakfast waffle (like the types you can get in Belgium) or a good bagel, any type. My favourites are the onion and chive ones but I also love the seeded ones, especially those with pumpkin seeds in them. Add orange juice in the summer and tea in the winter, and you’re done. Addition of a juicy, shiny apple is preferable.
At the moment I’m a little bit obsessed with Kyoto in Japan. There’s something about the bamboo grove at Arashiyama and the temple and moss garden at Saihō-ji that makes me want to jump into any photo I see of them. It just looks like something out of a fairytale and the kind of place I could get lost in for hours, taking far too many photos. I find Japan interesting in itself, so Kyoto would be my first port of call for certain, before trying to explore more of it!
3. What is the weirdest thing you have seen in someone else’s home?
You know I don’t think I’ve ever come across anything weird unless you count the general oddities that you notice while at people’s parties at university. In that case there have been all sorts of things like road traffic cones and other various bits and pieces which often had interesting stories behind them, but I generally find those things more funnier than weird. I’ve yet to go someone’s house and be truly weirded out by anything, so I’ll have to keep an eye out now!
4. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
Haha! Anyone who knows me would probably be very shocked as I’m not known for my law-breaking. If I did commit a crime it would have to be something along the lines of (realistically) protesting I suppose, or something of the like. I can see myself marching on Downing Street in defiance or protesting an environmental cause, but I’d never hurt anyone or damage property, unless I got caught up in that somehow. Maybe I should try being a little more rebellious?
5. Is cereal a soup? / Is Boston cream … a pie or a cake?
Haha! I’ve never had or tried Boston cream so I can’t comment, but now I’m thinking about cereal being a soup and I don’t know what’s right anymore… I think cereal would only become a soup if you do what I have done many a time, and forget you made yourself cereal because you get distracted by something, and then it turns into a mess. Or pour yourself a bowl of cereal and eat it without milk, which I also do too often as well.
This was fun and I’m most excited to see what new animal names those tagged come up with, as I love those kinds of questions!
Feel free to answer any of my questions I’ve posed to those tagged below if you want to and I hope you all had a lovely weekend and that your week gets off to a good start!
Hope you’re all well!