First off I have to say a big thank you to Stephen from Sitting Still for passing on this award to me. Make sure to head over to his blog to see his posts and read his original answers for his award here. Stephen’s blog is great if you’re a writer or interested in writing, my favourite post of his is this one which can also be found on the Storyslingers blog here too. I feel like March should be re-brand ‘The Month of Awards and Tags’ as I’ve had a fair few of them this month and it’s kept me nice and busy, while also making me feel quite loved so again, a big thank you to everyone who’s been nominating me and sending me these, they’ve been making me smile!
So, the roles for this award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself that are not in your bio.
- Pass this on to as many people as you like – maximum of 15!
- Include these rules in your post.
- Inform your nominees!
So, here are my 7 facts about myself:
- I love vaporwave music and the whole sub-genre that’s come around recently. I just love the music, it’s like 80’s synth pop but with a modern twist, something I can definitely get behind! Good examples are Louis Viallet’s Ultra Legend EP and anything by The Midnight, Vampires and Sunset are my two favourites.
2. Our last and loveliest hamster Pixie used to have this funny trick where if you left her door open, she would climb up and out to come and sit on the top to see you for cuddles and it was the cutest and funniest thing. I have some old (shaky) photos of her doing just that above.
3. My favourite rollercoaster used to be the Black Hole at Alton Towers but they shut it down a good few years back which was sad to hear! It was one of those roller coasters in the dark and it was in the same area as the park where Oblivion is, but I don’t have the confidence to go on that one yet!
4. During my last year at university my housemates and I would go and indulge in all of the local attractions and museums, especially as students we had our residents cards so we could have free access to some of the museums and the fashion museum was really interesting. This piece was one of my favourites, it’s like a gothic fantasy dress!
5. My first ever concert was seeing Green Day live during their American Idiot tour at the Milton Keynes Bowl, where I used to live, and it was amazing. I went with one of my closests and oldest friends, Megan, and it’s a night I’ll never forget. I went home with sunburn and their lyrics ringin in my ears and it left with the biggest smile on my face for days. Live music does take some beating!
6. My favourite thing to do during my first year at uni was going on walks all over the campus, especially on sunny days and this is one of my favourite photos from the final few months on campus – the resident cows had had their calves around this time, and they were so curious. I’d handed in my final assignment a few days before and we were all getting ready for the Summer Ball which was happening at the end of term, so I was buzzing on that end of year high that day!
7. I found a train carriage that had my name on it while I was exploring Derwent with my grandparents on holiday there, and this photo makes me smile each time I see it!
So, I will be passing this award onto a few different blogs I particularly love, which are:
I always find these so tough to do as there are many blogs I always want to tag and award, but I didn’t want to tag the same people as last time so as not to overload people, while also passing this onto some of the newer blogs I’ve discovered recently, so I’m hoping this gets passed onto many other lovely blogs in the process, but please feel free to answer these questions yourself too!
Hope you’re all enjoying the weekend!