First of all a big thank you to the lovely Jasmine from Thoughts From Jasmine who kindly tagged me for the Liebster Awards 2017! Head over to Jasmine’s blog to see her original answers here and make sure to check out the rest of Jasmine’s blog too, for some really interesting posts, one of the recent ones I loved was Jasmine’s Bullet Journal of a Student Blogger, which was really interesting and had some great tips and advice in it too. I’ll be tagging a couple of people at the end of this post, but please feel free to answer the 10 questions I add at the end if you so wish!
So, the rules are as always:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers
4. Ask them 11 questions
5. Let them know that you have nominated them
11 Facts About Myself
- I have one sibling, my brother, who will be turning 24 in April.
- I love jalapenos and if I could have them on everything I would!
- My favourite series to go back and re-watch when I’m having a lazy day is Futurama, I love it!
- My dream travel destination at the moment is Kyoto in Japan. I really want to see the Saihō-ji Temple in Matsuo as it looks so magical!
- While I currently live up North in the Lake District, I’m a Southerner who hails from Greater London and I’ve lived in a fair few different cities so far, so who knows where I’ll end up next!
- My favourite word is illuminated because I love how it sounds when you say it, and the meaning behind it is lovely.
- I used to sing in the school choir and at the church when I was a lot younger and it’s something I wish I’d carried on into my later teens as I loved it and it gave me a lot more confidence.
- When I had to pick my work experience place I chose a local stables and the smallest pony there was a little grey and white one named Rambo who was my favourite!
- If they invented time machines I would love to go back in time see the world during the Renaissance or the 20’s, they’re two periods that fascinate me.
- My favourite childhood book is Find The White Horse by Dick King Smith and I still love it today.
- One of my favourite memories is watching a lightning storm off the coast of St Bees while we were on holiday. The lightning would change colour due to the sea and it was amazing to watch!
So let’s answer some questions!
1. What’s your favourite Disney Movie?
Ooh this is so tough because there are so many good ones! If I had to choose one it would have to be Hercules though. I love it. Hades is my favourite villain of all time, the film is funny, sad, heart-warming and so well done I just love it. Having said that, special shouts outs will always go to The Little Mermaid, The Lion King and Aladdin because they were some of my first Disney films and they all have a special place in my heart.
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I would hope I’m as happy as I am now, working somewhere I love, in a place of my own with lots of good things on the horizon, and maybe a couple of guinea-pigs too. I adore guinea-pigs and I miss hearing those tell-tale wheeking sounds when the fridge is opened or a bag is rustled.
3. What’s your favourite food?
Ooh, another tough one! I like almost all food, I’m not particularly fussy, so I’ll give a few favourites as I can’t choose! I love things like red thai curry, tacos, chili, lentil and chickpea dahl, quesadillas and spaghetti carbonara as I think they’re all very tasty and they’re easy to switch up and are versatile and can easily be made veggie and vegan too so they’re good at being crowd pleasers I think. Basically, if there is lots of flavour and some spice I’m usually happy, and while I know it isn’t necessarily food, the drink above is probably my favourite drink of all time, it’s so good, especially on hot days!
4. Jeans and trainers or dresses and heels?
I do love dressing up and getting ready to go out, and a lovely dress and a nice pair of heels can really make me feel good about myself, but if I had to choose, I would probably pick my trusty black skinny jeans and my flats! They’re still stylish, I think, just a lot more comfy. My favourite pair of heels were ones my grandparents bought me from Hush Puppies, they were black and tied up with some black ribbon so they made me feel sophisticated!
5. What’s the first thing you did when you got up this morning?
The first thing I always do each morning is check the time. A little dull maybe, but that’s my first thought before I do anything. Then I open my curtains to let the light in before getting ready for the day, but not before I’ve admired the light coming through the curtains, which is where the photo above is from. I recently switched rooms so I’ve yet to get the same effect I had in my old room as there’s a blackout blind in there, which is great for sleep, not so much for early morning light parties though!
6. If you could play one instrument (that you don’t already play) what would it be?
I don’t play any instruments but I’ve always wanted to learn the piano as I think it sounds beautiful, and both my brother and my Dad play the keyboard so it’s always interested me. I did play the recorder at school, but I preferred singing as I was in the school choir and tended to adapt to that more than instruments so maybe that should be something I have a go at this year!
7. Which fictional character (book, play, movie, comic, or film) would you say most embodies you?
A character I always resonate with is Iris from The Holiday, but I also identify with Tohru from Fruits Basket, Fern from Charlotte’s Web and Anna from Frozen too, so a mish-mash of all of them, with a tiny dash of Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Ariel from The Little Mermaid thrown in too, as I can definitely see my explorative side in her and I admire Quasi’s gentle nature and optimism! At least, these are the characters I want to be more like, and see bits of myself in, as I think all of them are incredibly kind, optimistic, fearless and fun. I also really get into both Cath and Levi’s characters from Fangirl, there are elements of the both of them which I see in myself and that book has a very special place in my heart so I have to add those two in there as well.
8. If you could act in one TV show which one would it be and why?
Out of all the ones I love and cherish, I think Doctor Who would be great fun, because the show is able to be both serious and fun with each episode and I always enjoy watching it. I think the possibilities with Doctor Who are endless too, you can go anywhere with it, and no possibility is too crazy! Or, The Mighty Boosh, how genius would that be?!
9. Sweet or Savoury food?
Ooh this is so difficult, because I love both but I just had a delicious Belgian bun earlier, so I’ll go with sweet, and I can never resist when my Mum makes cookies so I’m going to say sweet, but I love crisps and dip too so it’s a tough one!
10. When did you start your blog?
This blog I started on the 1st of January 2017, as I wanted to try out a different set up and a new name, but I’ve been blogging ever since I can remember so it’s been a lifelong hobby for me!
11. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
I like the creativity it inspires in me. I try to do one DIY/craft related post once a week now and it inspires me to get up and create something, as I have that push to get a post out once a week and it’s done wonders for my mental health too. I feel at my best when I’m creating, be it painting, writing, origami or something more complex, it’s just good for the soul I feel.
My 11 Questions Are:
- If someone offered you the power to see your own future, would you be interested – why/why not?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be and why?
- Do you have a personal belief system/faith/way you live your life?
- What is one personality trait that you love about yourself.
- What is the song/band/album you go back to over and over again?
- Do you have a Bucket List? If so what is the item you want to complete the most out of all of them?
- What was your first pet and what were they called?
- If you were offered the chance to go into space and explore the solar system would you?
- Which animal do you think represents who you are as a person/do you believe you have an affinity with?
- If you could change your name to anything, which name would you pick and why?
- What is something that you are most proud of that you’ve accomplished?
The 11 Bloggers I’m Tagging Are:
There’s no pressure to answer if you’re not fond of tags, I just picked some blogs off the top of my head who I don’t think I’ve tagged for this particular one before, but please feel free to answer this whether I’ve tagged you or not as I love seeing people’s answers to these kinds of questions.
Hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!